Wednesday

An Interview with the Creator of PRCouture.com

Meet Crosby

RSP: What is your current position in the fashion industry? (Feel free to include previous experience as well).
I'm the founder of PR Couture http://www.prcouture.com/, a fashion PR blog. I have about 5 years experience in PR, mostly in the fashion, lifestyle and hospitality sectors.

RSP: Which fashion designers or runway trends influence your overall look?
I love mixing really over-stated romantic pieces with unexpected menswear inspired basics. My favorite looks are high-waisted wide-legged pants with lingerie-style tops or dresses with flat, riding boots. I love Erin Fetherston, Betsey Johnson, Lover, Stella McCartney, Vivienne Westwood...

RSP: What is the biggest TREND or MUST- HAVE ITEM for summer?
Summer's not really my season, I am much more of a fall girl, but it is an excuse to wear summer dresses. I've become really obsessed with hair accessories, summer scarves and long necklaces lately. I recently bought a pair of Siwy cut-offs, which I think are the first pair of shorts I purchased since about 8th grade. I have no idea if I will wear them beyond the beach house but I suppose anything is possible.

RSP: What is your most prized fashion possession?
A 1960's tunic top that my mom bought when she was 16 and spent the summer in Italy. She gave it to me in high school and I've worn it ever since.

RSP: What can we find in your closet? Please include specific items, accessories and brands.
Oh geez, I have a ton of Citizen jeans that I've worn pretty much non-stop since college, pair of wide-legged Hudsons I wear all the time, a new-ish pair of ripped up flares from Forever 21, a lot of printed a-line skirts that were my mom's, a few pencil skirts, more high-waisted skirts lately, a lot of black Max Studio and BCBG dresses a Laundry wrap dress, tops from Lamb and Fornarina, H&M, a few slips by Betsey Johnson, Cosabella, lots of vintage - a tan leather cropped jacket, a turqoise silk bed jacket, several leather Hayden Harnett Bags, lots of boots and red shoes.

RSP: In your opinion what is the biggest fashion faux pas???
Passing on something you love with saying "I could never pull that off."

No comments:

Post a Comment