Monday

Rich Skinny Pretty: Style Interview with The Audrey Kitching

What do you get when you mix a little bit of a rebel without a cause, established fashion designer, iconic style maven, unexpected pink hair, a taste of vintage, some serious punk glamour and a whole lot of ambition? Ladies and gentlemen, meet The Audrey Kitching, well if you haven't already.

Don't deny it girls, even if you are straight laced and prim n' proper you wish you had some of Audrey's edge. And boys, she favors leather jackets and combat boots, are you taking notes?

Don't be mistaken, Audrey's look says "I know I'm cool, but I'm not really trying." With a mix of innocence, major punk attitude, allure and vintage, this little firecracker has had the fashion cognoscenti following her style for a decade. Her effortless look has earned some serious clout with the sartorial set and now you get to find out all you ever would want to know. Like the important stuff, i.e. her favorite lip balm and what's in her handbag at this very moment, right here at Rich Skinny Pretty.

RSP: What is your current position in the fashion industry? (Feel free to include previous experience as well).

Audrey: I would like to think im bringing trend and freedom of style back into peoples life. So many people play it safe, im more about having fun! I have been writing about fashion for years and blogging for almost 10! I currently have two clothing lines, one showcases my true punk side and the other is more of my girlie kitty cat lover personality.

RSP: Shop your heart away at Coco de Coeur and Tokyolux. Plus, get obsessed with Audrey at The Audrey Kitching. I obviously already did.

RSP: Which fashion designers or runway trends influence your overall look?

Audrey: Wow, I guess I pull from everyone... currently loving Jeremy Scott, Missoni, Ashish, Top Shop, Pamela Love.. I use to be huge fan of Betsey Johnson but its been looking so cheap lately, saddens me.

RSP: What is the biggest TREND or MUST- HAVE ITEM for spring?

Audrey: Im really into huge chunky 5inch heels! I think they can make any boring outfit fabulous. Perfect pair of circle sunnies and a floppy hat! Im all about casual, comfort, chic and realistic... cause lets face it, us girls aren't eating bon-bons and shopping all day, we are making things happen!
RSP: What is your most prized fashion possession?

Audrey: Probably my Grandmothers jewelry collection or a vintage white shag coat that was my hair stylists mothers in the 70s!

RSP: What can we find in your closet? Please include specific brands, items, pieces, etc.

Audrey: Im really into vintage, I don't shop new very often. Faux fur and shag coats, vintage Chanel bags and jewelry, Jeffrey Campbell shoes, Topshop dress's, turbans, vintage scarfs, sheer maxi skirts and lingerie i wear as out with a jacket and pumps. Im a huge hoarder of hats and sunglasses. I probably have over 150 hats.. don't get me started on shoes!RSP: In your opinion what is the biggest fashion faux pas???

Audrey: Buying to much into trends and not being true to yourself. Its fun to play with whats in style but don't lose who you are. If hats are in and your no a hat person.. don't wear one!

RSP: Favorite places to shop?

Audrey: Estate sales, vintage shops, yard sales, online stores, ebay and flea markets. Im really into one of a kind and handmade designs. Don't get me wrong I have clothing from major labels but trash to treasure shopping is my favorite!

RSP: What are you drinking?

Audrey: Im huge on fresh raw juices and smoothies. I make one every morning. Currently my favorite smoothie is vanilla rice milk, agave, and frozen cherries! As far as juicing goes im a simple girl... apple, carrot, ginger!

RSP: Lip balm flavor?

Audrey: I like vanilla.. its natural and not to strong, perfect for morning hikes and bed time.

RSP: What makes you tick?

Audrey: Ignorance makes me crazy! I feel like so many people don't read or educate themselves anymore. So much time is spent on social networking sites and playing video games. I know knowledge is the most powerful thing anyone can have, and its free! My favorite things are simple, I love nature, mountains, hiking and the beach.... add in cooking and movies and you got yourself the perfect day! Im a split personality... one side of me loves fashion, glamor and the ambiance that goes with it, the other side is so simple and loves to relax.

RSP: When it comes to the opposite sex, what is a style must?...and a style turn-off?

Audrey: They have to have their own look, be confident and ambitious! I could never date a guy who wasn't into fashion and self awareness. A must have is nice fitting jeans, leather jacket and combat boots.

RSP: Five things in your handbag right now?

Audrey: Pretzel crumbs, faux fur gold coin pouch, fashion week vip pass, tart lip stain and bach flower stress candies.

RSP: Finish this sentence: "I wish...

Audrey: "I wish people would stop judging others and focus more on bettering themselves.... and I wish I could have a million kittens ha!"


Bisous,

Nacole Gray

1 comment:

  1. such a great interview :)

    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete