Tuesday

Interview with Fashion Stylist Mahjuba Levine

Meet Mahjuba Levine.

RichSkinnyPretty.com gives you an inside look to the women who live and breathe the fashion industry! We feature bi-monthly interviews with fashion models, stylists, and fashion magazine editors who will answer the questions you really want to know, like what their fave fashion possession is or what you can find inside of their closet.

RSP: What is your current position in the fashion industry? (Feel free to include previous experience as well).
Mahjuba: My current position in the fashion industry is a Fashion and Wardrobe Stylist and Owner/Operator of Closet Therapy (A personal wardrobe service).I have been in the Fashion Industry for over 15 years. My early experiences include working as photo assistant, merchandise/window display for Nordstrom, Personal Shopper at the Exclusive Fifth Ave Club at Saks Fifth Avenue.


RSP: Which fashion designers or runway trends influence your overall look?
Mahjuba: The Fashion Designers that personally influence my overall look are Yves St Laurent, Balenciaga, Giambattista Valli, John Galliano, Lanvin, Marchesa, Veronique Branquinho, I research their trends and shows on Style.Com. Theses particular designers are my to go to fashion experts on trends and style influence of the season. You can always count on them to have the most edgy and fashion forward styles.



(Styled; BEBE ad campaign)

RSP: What is the biggest TREND or MUST- HAVE ITEM for fall?
Mahjuba: I believe everyone has their own sense of style and will translate their must haves differently. For me it will be bold jewelry. I love statement jewelry with simple dresses and tanks. I think it is a fun way to be creative and expressive. You can be as bold as you want with a fabulous necklace or keep it simple with sweet earrings. The great thing is you can always change them easily.

(Styled; Vogue magazine)
RSP: What is your most prized fashion possession?
Mahjuba: My most prized fashion possession is probably my Marc Jacobs handbag with the chunky buckles. It is outdated now but it was the hottest thing when it came out years ago. I plan on saving it for vintage use in the future. I also love my Fendi Aligator 1920's inspired peep toe shoes. More like a piece of artwork, they are gorgeous to look at.

RSP: What can we find in your closet? Please include specific items, accessories and brands.
Mahjuba:
In my closet right now you will find a lot of white and grey t'shirts! This past year, I have been really into simplicity. You will find long t's, short t's and tank tops galore. I love layering these under dresses, with skinny jeans and leggings, and pairing them with great fitted jackets or vests. Once you get past that you will find a ton of dresses. I am a dress addict. I LOVE dresses. My dress collection includes dresses from Zac Posen, Prada, Splendid, Milly, Veronique Branquino, Ella Moss, Vintage to H&M. Besides lots of dresses, I also love fabulous shoes.I will buy at least 2 good quiality brand names a season. This season I bought a black satin pair of Louboutins and strappy feminine gladiator silver/gold Prada heels. They are not trendy and can be worn with a lot of different looks.


RSP: In your opinion what is the biggest fashion faux pas???
Mahjuba: In my opinion the biggest fashion faux pas is not wearing clothes that fit the body right, especially jeans. I don't care if you spent $250 on a pair of jeans when your tummy is rolling out of it and muffin top is in full effect, that is not a good look for ANYONE. There are so many great options and women should really take the time to accentuate their best feature.

Find out more about Mahjuba at http://mahjuba.com/

xoxo,
Nacole

No comments:

Post a Comment