Wednesday

Style Profile: Interview with Jacey Duprie of Damsel in Dior



Of course, RSP made time for yet another exclusive interview over the holiday weekend. This week we feature Jacey Duprie of Damsel in Dior. You might recognize her girly-meets-edgy style from her acclaimed blog, or perhaps you have read her fashion tips on Rachel Zoe or via Refinery29. This glamour girl defines Los Angeles style with a signature look that always delivers a hit of on-trend texture and color.

Now leave it to us to deliver tips from the damsel herself! She dishes on what a girl should wear on a first date, reveals what's in her bag and gives the skinny on the perfect ingredients for an irresistible NYE look.


RSP: What is your role in the fashion industry? (Feel free to mention your site, previous experience, client roster, collaborations, TV appearances,etc.)
Jacey: My role in the fashion industry is a self-made one. To me, any person who has an appreciation for fashion plays the most vital role of all in this industry, because they keep it alive. The fashion industry remains vibrant due to its consumers. My personal appreciation, love affair and overall obsession with the fashion lead me to make a role for myself within the industry, which is why I created my own blog, Damsel in Dior.  I like to think of my blog as an additional instrument for consumers and retailers, aspiring to connect them to each other in a more personal way.

I do not only blog for myself, but have contributed to various sites and been featured in editorials such as Nordstroms, StyleMePretty, Who What Wear {coming soon!}, a Levi's Ad Campaign, Rachel Zoe's Blog, Ladie's Home Journal, Refinery29 & Wall Street Journal.




RSP: Describe your personal style in three words:
Jacey: Girlie With Edge.


RSP: Shoe of the moment?
Jacey: Valentino Noir Patent Leather Rockstud

RSP: Handbag of the moment?
Jacey: Anything and Everything Céline  

RSP: What's your favorite item in your closet right now?
Jacey: My amazing Joie Leather Jacket  that the husband got me for Christmas.

RSP: If you could swap closets with anyone, who would it be?
Jacey: Olivia Palermo.

RSP: Right there with ya.

RSP: Favorite places to shop? 
Jacey: Barney's, J.Crew, Zara, Kelly Wearstler, NetAPorter

RSP: What is one personal styling tip you live by?
Jacey: If something doesn't feel right: It Isn't.
Also,
You can never be overdressed, or overeducated - Oscar Wilde.

RSP: Where can we find you out in L.A.? More importantly, what are you wearing when you are there?
You can stalk me at Soho House, Dominick's, Comme Ça, Izakaya & Laurel Hardware.
I'm usually wearing something easy like black leather pants with a slouchy knit or jeans and a blazer.

RSP: What are you drinking?
Jacey: Soho House: Spicy Margarita. Dominicks: Moscow Mule. Comme Ça: Penicillin. Y.U.M.

RSP: What's in your evening clutch? (Please include your favorite lip stick or gloss!)
Jacey: My biz-nass cards, black eye liner & smudge brush, Catalina Su lipgloss and my cell. Oh, and a small sample sized perfume of Jo Malone Orange Blossom.
Day Bag:

RSP: Now that we know about your personal style, can you please give RSP's readers a few pointers?

RSP: What look do you recommend for a first date?
Jacey: Simple & Sexy. This isn't a time to dress for your girls. Give the guy a little skin to make his imagination run. I would go with skinny jeans and heels {always} with a low v-neck tee or blouse and a blazer/leather jacket draped over your shoulders. P.S. Always make him open doors and set your standards high {where they should be!}.



                 RSP: What defines a "perfect" NYE look?
Jacey: My NYE look has to be f-u-n and inspire me to want to dance like no one is watching and drink like there's no tomorrow. When I'm ringing in a New Year that outfit has to set the standard for the entire next year to come. So it better be smokin' hot, sparkly and something truly special!

RSP: What is your favorite trend of the season and what's the easiest way to incorporate it into everyday style?
Jacey: I'm honestly not huge into "trends" at the moment. I'm more into grabbing a sparkly statement piece that can make any outfit POP like it's hot or a cool faux fur collar which will transform any tired blazer.

Bisous ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment