Thursday

Hollywood Beauty Tips with the Founder of Blushington, Stephi Maron

Ready to play magic makeup kingdom? Come to Blushington on Sunset in West Hollywood for a little makeup application by the pros. Can't make it to LA for the full experience? We sat down with beauty expert and founder of Blushington, Stephi Maron. She gives us her tips on how to get the A-List look made just right for the everyday girl. Plus, she dishes on her fave beauty must haves and shares a few recommended products. Ready to add a few essentials to your vanity? Oh, and we asked how to keep that skin still looking sun-kissed even with fall upon us - you're welcome!

RSP: Tell us about the Blushington concept:
Stephi: Blushington is a makeup and beauty lounge that offers women a unique pampering experience in a well-designed and highly personalized setting. The company also offers a full menu of retail products that are used in makeup application. Blushington's philosophy is making women feel pretty. Our saying has always been, "you only better" and "feeling pretty is priceless". In addition to makeup, Blushington also offers a wide assortment of “maintenance” services such as brow tinting, waxing, eyelash extensions and brow shaping. Blushington currently has two retail locations. The first location in West Hollywood, California opened in October 2011, and the second location opened in the Highland Park section of Dallas, Texas in December 2012. Both stores are strategically located next to the fast growing blow-out leader, Drybar.

RSP: What kind of girl goes to Blushington?
Stephi: We see anyone from the ages of 3 years old to someone who is 99 years old. I think the woman coming into Blushington is anyone from a working business woman going to work meetings, a mother going on a date night, a teenager going to a birthday party or a birthday of her own. We see women coming in for no special reason other than to feel pretty, to a woman going to an event/party, or their wedding, photo-shoots, head shots, etc.

RSP: How do you enhance eyes?
Stephi:  I like to use Stila's smudge liner for a more natural less dramatic look or Kevin Aucoin The Precision Liquid Liner in Black in my waterline to give me that dramatic effect. I don't think I will ever be over the lush lashes trend. I love lashes!!

RSP: Even thought fall is upon us, how do you keep skin looking sun-kissed?
Stephi:  My tip to getting a sun-kissed looking skin is making sure your highlighting and bronzing in the right areas! I like the Stila sun highlighter as a bronzer and contour. With a blush brush I contour and bronze from the top on my forehead all the way down to my cheek bones making a C like motion. Make sure you don't put too much on but still enough to see that sun-kissed glow. I also like to then highlight my temples, the top of my nose, and cheek bones with Temptu's highlighter. I like using Temptu because it gives you that really dewey look. You can also achieve this look if you don't have access to a Temptu machine by using Jouer's highlighter in Camellia.
Stila Sun Highlighter

RSP: Lip color of the moment? Lip stick and lip gloss recommendation?
Stephi: I am loving the Jouer Tinted Lip Enhancer in Cosmo. You can wear this day to night and it gives you just enough color but not too much. It's great for women who don't love to wear a lot of makeup but want a touch of glam. Or if you want to add a little more color I love the Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Kate with Jouer's Moisturizing lip gloss in Peony.

Jouer Lip Enhancer 
RSP: What's your top five makeup essentials?
Stephi: My top five makeup essentials are the Blushington Blending Sponge, Jouer Matte tint foundation, Becca concealer, Jouer essential lip enhancer, and Mai Couture's blotting papers! I always carry the blending sponge everywhere I go to touch up my makeup throughout the day and to apply my makeup. I can use it to apply my foundation, blush, and concealer! I love the Jouer Matte Tint foundation because it covers extremely well without it looking like I have makeup on or feeling like I have makeup on, it looks like my skin! I love Becca's concealer because I have very oily skin I need a concealer that is on the dryer side and covers any dark circles or spots I may have. I never the my house or office without Jouer essential lip enhancer. It moisturizes my lips and goes on clear so I can wear it either alone or on top of any lipstick. I am obsessed with Mai Couture's blotting papers. I love to use these when I need to touch up throughout the day when I start to get oily. I don't love to touch up with powder since I find that with my skin type it can make my skin look cakey so I love these as an alternative.

Bisous ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment