Saturday

City Escape: Weekend Getaway in Malibu with our Editor

When I need to escape from the daily 9-5, where do I go? I escape to Malibu. But, let's be real, it's not the 9-5, in fact, I'm not sure what you call it when I'm working via my lap top in bed at midnight updating my blog. And truth be told, I brought my lap top with me for my little "weekend getaway." 

The good news? I wouldn't have it any other way. I love what I do, I love writing and I love creating stories for my readers. With that said,  I decided to venture to the Westside of Los Angeles for some much-needed inspiration and recharging.

My girlfriends from college invited me to their friend's home overlooking the coveted shoreline. Of course, I did not decline. If you are making your way to a seaside destination make sure to procure a selection of essentials for your city escape...what's on my list?
If you are lounging outdoors make sure to protect and hydrate your skin. No exceptions. Stay "impossibly refreshed" with these skin-care fundamentals plus a few gratifying extras. 

1. Eau Avene Facial Mist Spray: Keep your face moisturized with this quick remedy.
2. La Mer The Lip Balm: Pucker up with this lifesaver. Dry lips? Never.
3. Unite Shine Mist: Keep your locks intact from morning-to-night with this beauty must.
4. La Mer The Moisturizing Cream: This baby has been around for years and guess what? It's not going anywhere.
5. Missoni-Printed Towel: An iconic print makes outside lounging even better.
6. Trina Turk Beach Candle: The perfect gift to bring to a gathering at a friend's home...especially a home that over looks the ocean.

Beach days-to-alfresco nights calls for all-American basics... 


Now, I understand summer is over however in my book it's still completely appropriate to wear high-rise pencil skirts and light-weight blouses. At least, if you live in L.A...where it's 80 degrees, in September.

Where I slept?

A guest house overlooking the Pacific - I kept the surrounding glass windows open over night to hear the waves crashing. Not a bad way to fall asleep.
What I drank?

Pierre Jouet. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Bisous ♥
Psst...shop now on one of my personal favorite sites...                   
herveleger

No comments:

Post a Comment