Wednesday

"Glitter on the west streets, silver all over everything," - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

"What's in my Closet."
Meet Nacole.
Since I started RSP, followers have been inquiring about my personal style and have asked what they can find in my closet...here you go lovers! RichSkinnyPretty.com is about everyday style and everyday women. I'm just your regular everyday girl who just happens to love clothes!

My personal style
The dichotomy of my style is almost a contradiction. Influenced by my ocean-tasseled wavy hair roots born and raised a Southern California girl and equally inspired by the chic street style of Paris while living abroad during college has created my constant evolving style. Casual and simple pieces, tanks paired with denim or frocks and sheaths, always complemented with bold accessories describes my everyday look.
I admire how others pair unexpected pieces however I have to admit I play it safe with a clean aesthetic and always pay attention to the overall silhouette of my ensemble. I am personally drawn to basic pieces however complete my looks with accessories. I always layer bracelets and think it is definitely worth it to splurge on quality handbags and shoes.
My California casual feminine style consists of flats, flowy dresses, ruffled blouses and a-line skirts however you will also find in my closet juxtaposed with these softer pieces more structured, darker and edgier items like blazers, leather jackets, skinny jeans, black leggings and 6-inch pumps. I definitely have been influenced by the sophistication and très chic style of Paris. It really depends on my mood and the occasion. If it’s champagne brunch or a day of shopping it calls for a simple flowy dress for our warm California weather, while I will opt for a black leather jacket or blazer and skinny jeans or leggings for a night out.
My Closet
A few of my favorite accessories are by Haydn Harnett, Me&Ro, Dogeared and a ton of no-names I found in Europe. I also switch up a few of my favorite over-sized handbags and clutchs by Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Chloe and Gucci. Miu Miu, Haltson, Gucci and Michael Kors flats are great for day. And of course pumps are a definite must-have - the taller the better in my book.


I'm into quality denim with everything from Paige, J Brand, Joe's, Seven's, Hudson's, Rich & Skinny to Rock and Republics. I have one too many pairs of Insight skinny jeans - adore the fit.

I have a couple of Marc Jacobs blazers that I truly love. I recently just purchased a See by Chloe orange ruffle top - yes orange! Which is rare for me since most of my closet consists of black or white. I am not big on color however if it's right for me, what can I say, I just know!

I also have a few tops from Alice + Olivia, Rebecca Taylor, Elizabeth and James and Marc Jacobs. I have a super comfortable tank by Alexander Wang that I could live in and another similar top by Haute Hippie. I have a Phillip Lim dress for days when I am feeling extra girly. I of course have a lot of basics from American Apparel and a few fun tops and skirts from Forever21, Zara and H&M. I also love to stock up on over-sized cardigans, tights and flats from Urban Outfitters.
And don't be surprised if you find me in a thrift store, that's right, I am totally game for a $1.95 sweater from 1992. I would love to add a little Zac Posen, Balmain or Isabel Morant to my closet but as of yet that's just wishful thinking!

What I'm wearing this week...
The below look is inspired by a night out on the Avenue des Champs-Elysée but I would most definitely wear this look out to a formal business dinner or on a dressier date night.
I am wearing an Elizabeth and James dress paired with a Prada belt and Urban Outfitter tights.
DS Lab coat and Cynthia Rowley pumps.

Vintage Fendi clutch, Forever 21 bracelet and a $3 glass-blown ring purchased in Venice, Italy.

Images courtesy of Elizabeth Thurston and Brett Siegel.


xoxo

Nacole Gray

1 comment: