Monday

Style Profile: Interview with Grasie Mercedes of Style Me Grasie

Take a departure from your typical day-to-day looks and take a cue from style expert, Grasie Mercedes of Style Me Grasie. She gives RSP readers a few pointers when it comes to cultivating signature style. Plus, this NYE, dress up your after-hours routine with her key pointers and upgrade your 2013 everyday looks in a heartbeat.

Grasie shows you how to accessorize your way to chic...

RSP: What is your role in the fashion industry? 
Grasie: In the fashion world, I mainly have 3 roles:  1. Stylist - I work with clients to find their style and reinvent their wardrobe while specializing in "shopping" their closets and personal shopping sessions. 2. Fashion Expert/Host - on-camera fashion expert & host work with The Style Network and LookTV (the YouTube fashion & beauty channel from the producers of Project Runway) 3. Style Blogger - I'm the founder and sole author of Style Me Grasie, my personal fashion and lifestyle blog. YAY! 

RSP: Describe your personal style in three words: 
Grasie: Vintage, Fun, Lazy Chic (ok, that's 4...sorry :) 
RSP: What's your favorite item in your closet right now?
Grasie: A multi-colored, tweed, ultra cozy, Heidi Merrick jacket that I'm throwing over everything, now that it's finally chilly in LA. 

RSP: If you could swap closets with anyone, who would it be? 
Grasie: Alexa Chung...hands down! 

RSP: Favorite places to shop? 
Grasie: Right now...Zara, vintage boutiques, Topshop, H&M and Goodwill (I still score amazing finds at the Goodwill when I have the time to look)

RSP: What is one personal styling tip you live by? 
Grasie: Wear what you feel GREAT in! No matter how amazing your outfit is, if you're uncomfortable in it or it's "not you," that will show and you won't pull it off. On the flip side, if you're confident and feel good in your clothes, you can pull off anything!

RSP: Where can we find you out in L.A.? 
Grasie: More importantly, what are you wearing when you are there? I'm not a big partier, but I do attend a lot of fashion events, which are really fun. They can be anywhere in LA and I always bump into fellow blogger buds, which I love. As far as what I'm wearing, it really depends on the day. Sometimes I'm in a pants mood, sometimes I have to wear a dress. It always changes. 

RSP: What are you drinking? Grasie: Tequila and pineapple juice with a lime. People always make fun of it and then they try it and I get them hooked. It's a make-shift margarita that's a lot easier to make and tastes just as good. I'm a bit of a margarita snob (I make a great one!) so there's only 1 place in LA (El Carmen) that I'll order one from...other wise tequila & pineapple it is! 
RSP: Shoe of the moment? 
Grasie: Anything with a metal cap toe. I have a pair of boots from Lulus.com and a pair of pumps from Shoxie.com both with silver cap toes...love! 

RSP: Handbag of the moment? 
Grasie: My carry all (literally) black & white handbag from Shoemint. It goes with everything, holds everything and I'm constantly getting compliments on it. 

RSP: What's in your evening clutch? 
Grasie: MAC Cosmetics lipstick in Ruby Woo, my wallet, blog business cards, my keys, cellphone, loose powder and blush. 

RSP: Now that we know about your personal style, can you please give RSP's readers a few pointers?

RSP: What look do you recommend for a first date? 
Grasie: Depends on the girl and the date but...If you're doing dinner and a movie, wear something like jeans, with a pretty blouse and cute bootie boots. This way you look appropriate for dinner but still relatively comfy for a 2 hour movie. 

RSP: What defines a perfect NYE look? 
Grasie: Sparkle!!! It's the best time of year to bust out the metallics. Gold, silver, bronze...go for it and have fun with your look. 
Photos courtesy of StyleMeGrasie.com

RSP: What is your favorite trend of the season and what's the easiest way to incorporate it into everyday style? 
Grasie: Again, metallics is definitely a fave for me this season. The easiest way to incorporate it into your everyday style is with accessories. Necklaces, rings, earrings and shoes are a great way to add metallics. And don't be afraid to mix them...gold and silver are GREAT together. Forget the old rules...rules were made to be broken (especially in fashion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment