Monday

Rich Skinny Pretty: Personal Style Interview with Bebe Zeva

Meet Bebe
As the creator of Fated to be Hated, a Teen Vogue blogger and already featured in Seventeen magazine within her first year of the industry, this lil' fashion muse is one powerhouse to remember.

It was love at first sight when we met in Vegas at the Teen Vogue blogger lounge. I was charmed by her over-sized floppy hats, layered jewelry, continuous reapplying of lipstick (as do I) and her fixation of Mountain Dew and Doritos. Yes, a bag of Doritos is all she needs, well that and maybe a pair of amazing one of a kind secondhand pumps and a designer bag. We ventured through WWDMAGIC together and scoured far and wide for our gifted Pour La Victoire flats. I call her my lil' Bebe Lover and she calls me NackAttack. We are long lost sisters. Meet my little Bebe Zeva ♥RSP: What is your current position in the fashion industry? (Feel free to include previous experience as well).
Bebe: Right now I'm a style blogger and freelance journalist. I write about what I know- my wardrobe, my preferences, myself. My blog is about 6 months old, so I'm still learning the ropes of this industry.

RSP: Which fashion designers or runway trends influence your overall look?
Bebe: Lately I've been smitten with Givenchy, Ashish, and (as usual) Jeremy Scott. I don't like runway trends that are easily imitable. Couture is about the designers' artistic vision, so I often consider it completely separate from what I'd apply to my personal style.

RSP: What is the biggest TREND or MUST- HAVE ITEM for spring?
Bebe: Whatever it is, I definitely don't want it!! This spring I'm trying to stray from must-haves because I'm bored with blending in. As much as I love floppy hats and floral prints, I'm gonna have to cast them aside for a few months and get my hands on something much more unusual, like a lightwash denim vest with pastel decals!
RSP: What is the biggest TREND or MUST- HAVE ITEM for spring?
Bebe: Whatever it is, I definitely don't want it!! This spring I'm trying to stray from must-haves because I'm bored with blending in. As much as I love floppy hats and floral prints, I'm gonna have to cast them aside for a few months and get my hands on something much more unusual, like a lightwash denim vest with pastel decals!

RSP: What is your most prized fashion possession?
Bebe: My everyday purse- a Rebecca Minkoff black leather messenger! It matches absolutely everything and can be dressed up or down to any occasion. I've never felt insecure with that bag swinging from my shoulder. Something about the layered fringe and edgy zippers is comforting.
RSP: What can we find in your closet? Please include specific brands, items, pieces, etc.
Bebe: Oversize blazers of all colors, black sheer veils and dresses, felt hats, British flags, lace socks, and faded leather! I've got everything from Diesel to Burberry to Levis and back again. Nothing better than mixing a pair of Gucci peep toe pumps with a secondhand sweater from Savers.
RSP: In your opinion what is the biggest fashion faux pas???
Bebe: Tight-fitting crew neck t-shirts with capped sleeves. Can I even call that a fashion faux-pas? It's so far from "fashion" in the first place! Nothing is worse than skate sneakers worn with low-rise denim shorts and an oversize Famous Stars and Straps hoodie. Did you hear that, Vegas??

RSP: Favorite places to shop?
Bebe: Savers and Buffalo Exchange! I love the scent of secondhand... it smells like infinity. That's how much potential every piece carries.
RSP: Favorite places to shop?
Bebe: Savers and Buffalo Exchange! I love the scent of secondhand... it smells like infinity. That's how much potential every piece carries.

RSP: What are you drinking?
Bebe: As warm as it is in Vegas, I'm a year-round hot chocolate addict! Nestle hot cocoa with a drop of milk and marshmallows is ethereally good.

RSP: Lip balm flavor?
Bebe: I admit to being one of THOSE girls who wears Flava Craze Blue Crazeberry chapstick. I can't help that it tastes like my childhood! And it works as a great lipstick primer to boot!

RSP: What makes you tick?
Bebe: Food. All the time. My perfect meal is a piece of cheese pizza with Mountain Dew and Buffalo Wing flavored Doritos on the side. And yes, I proudly admit to relishing the orange Cheetos powder that clings to my fingers after tearing through a bag or two...

RSP: When it comes to the opposite sex, what is a style must?...and a style turn-off?
Bebe: Style must: Fitted jeans, leather jackets, combat boots, and studs or chains. I like me a bad boy.
Style turn off: Buzzcut hair, aviator sunglasses, and skate shoes. I shouldn't even have to explain that Affliction, Ed Hardy, and Tapout are The Worst Possible brands for a man to don on his back.

RSP: Five things in your handbag right now?
Bebe: My point-and-shoot Samsung digital camera, my iPod touch, my Lime Crime lipstick collection, a disposable camera (I never go anywhere without one), and a hot pink lucky rabbit's foot!

RSP: Finish this sentence: "I wish...
Bebe: I was a little bit taller. No, literally. I'm 5'2" and it's my only insecurity!! ;)

Bisous ♥

2 comments: