Tuesday

"Lights and music are on my mind" -Cut Copy. New York Fashion Week Spring 2010

Meet Stephanie
This month Steph gives as an inside look from behind the fashion shows of New York Fashion Week.
What you need to know:
Fashion Design Student at FIT in NYC.
Has interned for big time designers like Anna Sui and Michael Kors.
Her favorite designer is Rodarte.
♥'s her hightop black Converse sneakers.
Ambition? To become a fashion designer. (Well, we at RichSkinnyPretty.com have no doubt that she is well on her way).
"Before I had a chance to adjust to my first semester at FIT, Fashion Week began...Fashion Night Out was the first event on my schedule, during the day I worked with Teen Vogue setting up for their fashion show and Taylor Momsen's performance and then spent the evening wandering the floors of Barneys. Although I was unable to make it past the mosh pit surrounding Manolo Blahnik, I was able to talk with Behnaz Sarafpour, as she sketched a design based on my personal style, and then with Kate Mulleavy of Rodarte who couldn't have been more nice or more modest. "


"Other highlights for me included working at the Vassilios Kostetos show. You would never know it was his first season showing in New York, based on his edgy collection dominated by red carpet worthy mini dresses. His sophisticated color palette and touches of glamour & femininity was also so refreshing and modern. I also loved working at the Carolina Herrera show. Her choice of inpspiration: woven Japanese baskets was very original and translated into a chic collection of more youtful silhouettes in cool textured fabrics."







"As usual, the highlight of my fashion week was the Anna Sui show. Although I generally like her collections more when there is a bit of Rock n Roll feel, I think throwing on one of her bright, cheerful shifts with an adorable flowered head scarf is the perfect remedy for any bad day. And meeting Fern Mallis & Peaches Geldorf wasn't bad either."






The Fashion Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment